Why You Should Not DIY Your Website
Which popular saying is true: “You can never pay someone cheaper than you can do it yourself” or “Doing things yourself will not achieve a result as good as if you’ve paid someone to do it”? It probably depends on what you are wanting done, your skill level, and how much time you have. DIYing your website does not always align with these sayings.
The first thing that comes to my mind is “quality“.
True, I could do it cheaper…for now. However, in the long run,
what will it cost?
Take your marketing plan for example. You need not only a website, but a functioning, eye-catching website that has search-ability and drives traffic to you. The importance of going digital has never been so obvious. Online orders and inquiries have skyrocketed in 2020. This trend is not likely to end. If you don’t have a website you are probably losing business and don’t even know it.
Now there are many options available. You can even build your own. Sounds great, right? Especially if you are tech-savvy. But actually, it can be quite a challenge and eat up a lot of your time.
You need to make your website easy for your current and potential customers to find you, perform security updates, have strong SEO, great videos and still photos, updated contact information, etc. If you need to add a payment system for e-commerce it gets more complicated and becomes a bigger pain point that makes your head really spin!
Most DIYers put together a website and then never look at it again because it is such a hassle and they have to focus on doing their business. But you never know how much business you could be missing out on.
Digital55 has a small business package for only $99/month.
Digital55 has a small business package for only $99/month (e-commerce packages are also available). We handle all of the headaches for you. Not only will you get a great, modern looking website, you will also get full-service email marketing so you can let customers know how to get in touch with you or what new products or services you offer. Plus, we’re now offering our Inugo Simple and Easy ™ CRM, at no extra charge, to help you organize your data, maximize efficiency and productivity, and analyze your sales funnel.
13 reasons you should not DIY your website:
- You can get exactly what you want. We make sure the spacing is perfect, everything is in a logical sequence, and provide the design based on your wants and needs.
- Experience matters. You are limited by your knowledge and creativity. You know your business; we know websites. Our Creative Department have decades of experience creating quality websites and can maximize your website with must-have such as Testimonials (says a lot about your business, increases your exposure and gives potential customers peace of mind) and a Product line.
- Small mistakes can cost you. Website maintenance is critical to a website. Failing to pay attention to it could delay deployment of your website or cause it to go offline in the future.
- Additional perspective. We can show you what customers are looking for in a website or how to lay out your website template.
- Save money in the long run. Since most DIYers abandon their websites it can cost you more in the long run because you are missing sales opportunities or important updates.
- Lack of support. DIY website platforms are inexpensive because you use their template and you are pretty much on your own. They do not have support like Digital 55 offers.
- Editing is a struggle. Frustration is a common word we hear from DIYers. How do you access the backend of your website? How can you keep your website spacing and priority of items?
- Cheap DIY websites own your data and your customers’ data. Everyone is in business to make money. Did you ever wonder how or why some companies can offer websites cheaply? They share and sell your data and the data of your customers. If privacy matters to you, you need to go with a reputable company that you trust. Digital 55 never sells your data. You own your own data.
- Risk of being hacked. We can attach an SSL certificate to ensure your website is secure.
- Maximize your uniqueness. We can help capture your unique business or product line without detracting from your message. Fresh content is important for your niche.
- Highlight what you offer. We can add an e-commerce component to your site so you can grab the sale quickly and almost effortlessly.
- SEO. We know what keywords are needed to maximize your Search Engine Optimization.
- Ease of use for you and your customers. We will build an easy to navigate website to avoid cart abandonment and maximize sales.
Digital 55 wants to be your Digital Marketing Officer. Contact us today to get you ahead of your competition and get ready for a brand-new year![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]